Davinci Resolve 15 - Advanced
- 27 June - 28 July 2019
- Fire Station Artists' Studios, Dublin
- More Info
DaVinci Resolve 15 is the world’s first solution that combines professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post-production and now visual effects all in one software tool.
Fire Station has migrated its primary post-production software in relation to video, audio, color, VFX, and delivery of projects to DaVinci Resolve in our 4K edit suite. While we continue to maintain FCPX and other software, DaVinci is leading the way for the most efficient, effective, and quality outcome for the development and finishing of artists projects. Historically, DaVinci was the main software used by film post-production studios for colour grading and the finishing of projects. Now, it combines editing, audio, colour, and VFX in one package seamlessly. Whether you are working on standard, HD, 4K or with larger material, pending on your hardware, the post-production workflow has now become a smooth process.
The focus of this advanced course is split into 3 distinct section as outlined below. For this we will be primarily working with DaVinci’s Fusion page. The Fusion page gives you a complete 3D workspace with over 250 tools for compositing, vector paint, keying, rotoscoping, text animation, tracking, stabilization, particles and more. Therefore, this workshop is aimed at artists who are interested in VFX in their projects – as outlined below:
Section I - includes three lessons covering titling and 2D motion design. You’ll learn to create smooth and highly customisable credit rolls, explores more creative title animation using Fusion’s unique Follow modifier and create motion paths that can be published and shared between any number of elements. Each lesson touches on some aspect of animation including Fusion’s powerful keyframe spline editor, procedural modifier-based animations and simple expressions that can create incredibly natural movement.
Section II - uses four lessons to cover the most common 2D visual effects techniques that you can use on a broad range of jobs. You’ll uncover various techniques using Fusions point and planar tracking tools so you can realistically integrate objects into a shot. Using the flexible vector - based paint tool you’ll remove moving objects from a shot to create hidden effects that viewers never even know are there. Finally, you’ll learn how to approach classic green/blue screen compositing.
Section III - uses four lessons to explore 3D compositing and motion graphics. You’ll start by exploring how to set up, navigate and move around in a 3D compositing environment. Then, you’ll introduce various 3D objects as you design a new broadcast graphic, complete with extruded 3D text, shiny custom chrome materials, animated camera and multiple light sources. Some of Fusion’s most useful and fun tools, the particle tools, are delved into in lesson 11, as you create billowing realistic smoke for a 3D composite in a music video. The last lesson in this guide requires DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio, as it guides you through setting up, optimising and making use of the integrated 3D camera tracking tool for simple set extensions.
KEY STAGES & TOPICS:
• Learning the Fusion Page
• The Art of the Credit Roll
• Designing Kinetic Type
• Animating with Keyframes and Modifiers
• Match Moving Elements
• Working with Mixed Resolutions
• Replacing Signs and Screens
• Compositing Green Screen Content
• Setting Up a 3D Scene
• Designing 3D Broadcast Graphics
• Exploring 3D Particle Systems
• 3D Camera Tracking
- This course supports DaVinci Resolve 15 for both Mac and Windows.
- To use your own PC or Mac computer system.
- Ideally, your computer system should have 16GB RAM.
- Fire Station has three computers available for this on a first come first serve basis. Please inform us this request in your booking.
- To have a good understanding of video editing, and experience in working with video editing software.
- To have good experience with using moving-image, video, in your practice.
- It is essential that participants upgrade to the most current version in advance of the course so that everybody can follow along using the same software.
- If you have a licensed version of DaVinci – this will be ideal. For those who do not have a licensed version, Fire Station has two licensed computers available on a first come first serve basis.
- For those who cannot get a licensed version, it will be possible to either work alongside someone in the course or observe. The licensed version comes into play for section III of this course only.
- DaVinci Resolve download link:
We advise booking in advance as soon as possible. As these courses or for a limited number of participants, they can fill up quickly. Please note that as per our chairtable goal, our course are offered to practising visual artists only and that we cannot accept students.To book your seat on this course, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The price of this workshop is €150 and lessons will be schedualed from 10am-5pm
There is only room for 8 participants as well so get booking now.