Introduction to Da Vinci Resolve 15
- 13-14 April 2019
- Fire Station Artists' Studios, Dublin
- More Info
DaVinci Resolve 15 is the world’s first solution that combines professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post-production and now visual effects all in one software tool.
Fire Station has migrated its primary post-production software in relation to video, audio, color, VFX, and delivery of projects to DaVinci Resolve in our 4K edit suite. While we continue to maintain FCPX and other software, DaVinci is leading the way for the most efficient, effective, and quality outcome for the development and finishing of artists projects. Historically, DaVinci was the main software used by film post-production studios for colour grading and the finishing of projects. Now, it combines editing, audio, colour, and VFX in one package seamlessly. Whether you are working on standard, HD, 4K or with larger material, pending on your hardware, the post-production workflow has now become a smooth process.
In working with Michael Healy (UK), a Black Magic Design certified trainer in DaVinci Resolve, by the end of the course participants will know how to setup projects, become familiar with the interface, import media and use metadata to speed up their workflow. Mark selections and edit clips within the timeline. Retime clips, add transitions and pan and scan photos. How to navigate the Fusion page, using a node-based interface. Primary and secondary corrections using Resolve’s legendary colour tools. How to match shots, use color management, create looks, and grade multiple clips. How to use Power Windows, track objects in a shot, use curves and add Resolve FX, also how to deliver projects to a variety of formats.
This first course in DaVinci Resolve is aimed at artists working in moving-image, video, film, audio, at an introductory level. Later in the year, Fire Station is providing a second course in July 2019 on DaVinci Resolve. The second course will be delivered by Michael Healy at an advanced level.
KEY STAGES & TOPICS:
• Intro to the Resolve Layout / Pages
• Organising a New Project in the Media Page / Bins / Smart Bins
• Assembling a Rough Cut
• Moving Clips in the Timeline
• Refining a Timeline
• Applying Transitions and Effects
• Working with Audio on the Edit Pag
• Introduction to Creating Graphics and Effects in Fusion
• Basic Colour Correction / Reading Scopes / Windows / Tracking
• Performing Primary Colour Corrections / Primary and Log Wheels
• Making Secondary Colour Adjustments / Qualifier / HSL curves
• Designing Creative Looks and Versions
• Delivering a Final Program
• Managing Media and Databases
- This course supports DaVinci Resolve 15 for both Mac and Windows.
- To use your own PC or Mac computer system.
- To have a basic understanding of video editing, or some basic experience in working with video editing software.
- To have basic experience with using moving-image, video, in your practice.
- It is essential that participants upgrade to the most current version in advance of the course so that everybody can follow along using the same software.
- DaVinci Resolve is free to download and use:
We advise booking in advance as soon as possible. As these courses or for a limited number of participants, they can fill up quickly. Please note that as per our chairtable goal, our course are offered to practising visual artists only and that we cannot accept students.To book your seat on this course, contact: email@example.com
Duration: Saturday 13th 10am-5pm; Sunday 14th 10am-4pm
Max participants: 8
Level: Introductory/ beginners