Open Call | IMAGO International Artist Residency
- Closing Date
- Wednesday 27 March 2019
Located in "The Village of Peace", Tsarimir, right next to the cultural capital of Europe for 2019 - the city of Plovdiv - IMAGO International Artist Residency is a liberating space for visual artists and creatives seeking simple and comfortable working environment for their projects development.
It is also a source for artistic growth and inspiration, stemming from the inherent natural freedom of the place, the fascinating sights and experiences within the residency as well as the professional curatorial support offered by its founders...
We address artists predominantly in the field of visual arts with a stress on contemporary art (painting, light sculpture, installations, video art). The residency is also the right place for creatives looking for solitude while doing their research or PhD as well as for photographers, poets, film and new media enthusiasts and professionals.
We have distinguished 4 general profiles for whom the residency will be the perfect experience - you can check if you're one of them at our website: https://www.artandculture.today/is-imago-the-place-for-you
WHAT DOES THE RESIDENCY INCLUDE? WHAT MAKES IMAGO SPECIAL BOTH LOCALLY AND GLOBALLY?
EXCEPTIONAL PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT
We, the founders of the residency, are art historians, curators and contemporary art lecturers - we are also the founders of the independent platform for contemporary art and culture - Art and Culture Today. To the extent you would like, we can:
- Connect you with other professionals in the field - artists, gallery owners, curators.
- Involve you in professional discussions about art.
- Think, discuss and write about your art.
- Advise you on your professional development.
- Organize pop-up exhibition(s) with your work in Plovdiv and Sofia.
- Include your work in our ongoing or future projects.
Who are we, the founders? You can find out more in our website: https://www.artandculture.today/who-are-we-1
- Really nice climate - hot autumn and spring, mild winter and burning summer!
- Slow and peaceful natural life in the village allowing you to fully focus on your project.
- Green environment, super tasty home grown eco food and dishes provided by the locals.
- Amazing opportunities to travel, explore and learn - from historical sights and brilliant examples of the traditional local culture to cities mixing the old with the new, crazy communist monuments and super affordable hot spring SPA locations... it is quite fascinating!
- Very affordable living and traveling costs.
You can find a general compass of the best travelling locations close to the residency and more information about the local life in this section of our website: https://www.artandculture.today/location-and-surroundings
OTHER EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCES WITHIN THE RESIDENCY
- Immerse yourself in our collection of more than 1000 thousand vinyl records with music from all over the world from the 12th to the 20th century.
- Enrich yourself through our digital collection of visual art consisting of thousands of artworks from prehistory to 21st century contemporary art.
- Enjoy our inspiring selection of art movies in a super relaxing home cinema setting.
- Join us for things you probably have never done before - shooting, fishing, feeding domestic animals, learn traditional skills and folklore dances.
STUDIO AND ACCOMMODATION
We accommodate a maximum of three artists at the same time.
- Overall residency area of 2200m2 green area.
- Two independent studios: the big one is 40m2, the smaller one is 20m2 with an option to use its roof as a high view-point open air studio.
- Two independent houses - artists house and staff house
- Three separate fully furnished bedrooms (12-15m2) with wifi connection in the artists house.
- Shared living room, kitchen and bathroom, laundy machine.
- Second set of kitchen and bathroom fully available for the artists at the staff's house.
- Amazing collections of music (more than 1000 vinyl records), art (extensive digital collection) and movies (diverse digital collection) available for the residents any time of the day.
- Beautiful front yard and huge back yard
- Great socializing areas.
- Home cinema.
RESIDENCY FEE AND DURATION
- ONE MONTH STAY AT THE RESIDENCY: 590 EURO (1 MONTH IS THE MINIMUM STAY)
- FOR LONGER RESIDENCY PERIOD, PLEASE, WRITE US AT INFO@ARTANDCULTURE.TODAY
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COME WITH YOUR PARTNER, CHILD OR PET, AGAIN, PLEASE SEND US AN E-MAIL.
Included (covered BY the residency fee):
- Private room (around 15m2) in the artists' house with shared living room, kitchen and bathroom. All utilities expenses are covered in the residency fee.
- Private or shared studio, depending on your choice.
- Transport from the airport to Tsarimir.
- Plenty of natural space - front yard and huge backyard
- Pop-up exhibition with your works in Plovdiv and/or Sofia / Tsarimir - independent or in collaboration with other artists.
- Connections with curators, artists, galleries; professional assistance with your work/concept/research.
- Suggestions, full practical help and tips for everything related to your stay and work, travelling and exploration of the area.
- Full access to an amazing collections of music (more than 1000 vinyl records), art (extensive digital collection) and movies (diverse digital collection).
- Plenty of optional side activities (when additional fees apply, they are covered by the residents) - from experiencing local habits and traditions to fishing, shooting and flying with a motodeltaplan.
- Beautiful front yard and huge backyard
- Great socializing areas.
- Home cinema.
Not included (covered by the residents):
- Travelling expenses are covered by the residents (a bus ticket from Tsarimir to Plovdiv costs 1.30 euro in one direction. The bus from Plovdiv to Sofia coss 7-8 euro in one direction).
- Expenses for working materials are covered by the residents.
- Food expenses are covered by the residents. The average food expenses in the village for somebody with standard eating habits is 6-8 euro per day (meaning three meals per day). You can definitely go below that.
- Works shipping and transportation expenses, as well as insurance, are covered by the residents.
- Side program fee expenses are covered by the residents.
- IMAGO International Artist Residency offers full support and information regarding the best and the most cost efficient choices related to both working materials and food as well as travelling, shipping, insurance.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please, follow the simple instructions on our website: https://www.artandculture.today/how-to-apply. All we need is an e-mail from you with a brief CV, portfolio and a filled application form which you can download from the link.
For any questions, you can contact us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org and mobile: 00359897953372.